Maybe the best way to describe ourselves and to tell a little about who we are would be to list a number of important ways we differ from many of the other churches of God organizations or administrations.
- We do not believe that God’s headquarters is located in our office, house, garage, or basement like many deceived COG organizations claim it does in their particular groups. We believe that God's headquarters is located on the Sea of Glass up in heaven, at the very Throne of God Himself.
- We do not believe in any way, shape, or form that we (or any other man on the face of the earth) is the head of the church of God. We Know (And Believe) that Yeshua (Jesus) the Christ of Nazareth, is the one and only Head of His church. (And He is not only Alive and Well, and not only Quite Capable of leading His church, but has been doing so for around 2,000 years now. “For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour
of the body.” Ephesians 5:23
- We do not believe that membership in the COG is determined by whether or not
one is associated with any particular physical group of people. We believe that
the True COG is a spiritual organization, and that membership in the church (or
Body of Christ) is determined solely on whether or not one has the spirit of God
dwelling within him, and leading him. “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the
Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not
the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” Romans 8:9.
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
- We do not believe that man has the authority (or know-how) to place members of the Body of Christ - The Church, into the many different positions, or appointments. We believe that God places them where it pleases Him: “But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.” 1Corinthians 12:18 We also believe that those that God places in positions within His church are not there to “lord over” the members of the Body of Christ, but are there to Help, Serve & Edify them, as Christ The True Teacher - The True Shepherd) brings them on to Perfection.
“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and
some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of
the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”
Ephesians 4:11, 12
- We do not believe that the government of God is a hierarchical government, as many of the church of God’s deceived leaders do. Some of whom believe and preach that God works directly through them exclusively, elevating themselves to a position of mediator between Christ and His flock. Telling the brethren that Christ feeds them “New Truths” which they in turn pass down to the members under their control (Utter Nonsense) (if you're sitting in one of those hierarchical organizations, Wake Up, and Get Out before it’s too late).
God’s government is more accurately represented as a “Vine & Branches” type of government. Yeshua, Christ being the Vine, and the rest of the Body (ALL the rest of the Body) being the branches: “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth
forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:5
And yes, we believe that we are commanded by God the Father Himself to bring forth Much Fruit (Good Fruit). But like nature alone shows us, No branch can bring forth Any fruit unless it is directly connected to the Vine Itself. That Vine is Christ our Lord and Savior and King and Head of the church.
- We do not believe that a good understanding of the Word of God comes
directly from the teachings of any man. We believe Scripture is quite clear
concerning who has and who has not a good understanding. It’s determined much by
one's walk and not by one's talk, and has much to do with whom we fear: “The
fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they
that DO his commandments Psalm 111:10 Scripture makes very clear who is
justified before God: “For not the Hearers of the law (Torah) are just before
God, but the doers of the law (Torah) shall be justified.” Romans 2:13
- We do Not believe that all men will continue practicing sin right up to their change from physical to spirit (as many in the COG teach). We believe that we have been called to Stop sinning, and to become Right (or Upright) with God. (Now as long as we are flesh and blood, we will Always have the potential to sin [just like Christ did] but we must remember that we are commanded not to sin,
But is that Humanly Possible, to stop sinning and walk this earth upright? Of and by ourselves, it is humanly impossible for a man to stop sinning, BUT, we are not by ourselves, if His Spirit dwells in us. With God’s Holy Spirit working in us, we have the power to stop sin in its tracks (right there at sins production facility, our brain.)
There are many, many places throughout both the Old and New Testaments, where we are told to stop sinning. Just to mention a few: 1Corinthians 15:34, 1John 2:1, Ephesians 4:26, Ezekiel 18:4, Deuteronomy 30:19 Many in the COG preach from the pulpit that man cannot stop sinning as long as he is flesh and blood, but that is not true. There was a man who walked this earth approximately 2,000 years ago, who did not sin.
But make no mistake about it; He Had the potential to sin, and was tempted in all points like as we are, but He chose NOT to sin. He was able to overcome the temptation to sin by the very powerful Holy Spirit of His Father. We also, have access to that very same Powerful Holy Spirit of The Father. And let us not forget, brethren, that Jesus is our Chief Cornerstone. He is the One that we are to Conform to, and He is the One (The Only One) we are to follow.
Now we can never say that we have no sin, because that would be sin itself “pride” but we do need to strive with our whole being to stop sinning and to overcome. It Is humanly possible with God Abiding in us, to stop sinning and walk this earth upright. (Jesus the man proved that!)
Jesus also told us:
“To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God and shall not be hurt of the second death. I will give him to eat of the hidden manna, and will also give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations.
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Yes, him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”
Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21
The above list concerning who we are, is not all inclusive (We are still growing in grace & knowledge of our Lord & Savior) but we hope it will help you better understand what we believe. We also want to welcome you to our site, and hope that all of us will continue to grown into the Unity of the Faith, and of the Knowledge of the Son of God, unto a Perfect Man, unto the Measure of the Stature of the Fullness of Christ.